Everything is all set for the third round of the E-Enduro powered by Specialized on June 17th
After a long and harsh winter registering heavy snow all season long, the Stelvio National Park operators went back to work to maintain all the trails under the supervision of Luca Bortolotti of the Pejo 3000 Consortium. The goal was not only to renovate but also to make permanent e-bike specific trails. In addition, a lot of work has been done on a biker friendly hospitality service.
In fact, beginning from the Friday morning of the race weekend all the bikers can take advantage of a series of services especially made for them as follows:
- Parking spots in the Team Area #1 (Piazzale Funivie) and in the Team Area #2 (Piazzale Rosa degli Angeli).
- Restrooms and Shower point at the Terme di Pejo.
- A discounted daily pass for the Cabinovia Tarlenta lift for 10 EUR ( regular price 23 EUR) or as an alternative, a free ticket valid for one lift on Sunday.
- A 15 EUR discounted daily pass for the SPA Center at the Terme di Pejo ( regular price was 25 EUR) valid for one athlete + a friend, kid pool entrance for 5 EUR, 20% discount on the Kneipp treatment and 10% discount on all the other services. Check all the services at www.termepejo.it and remember that booking is mandatory.
- Free lunch after the race at 2:00 pm.
Bookings: Call the info line +39 0463 754345 or online here
The Arrival/Departure zone will be placed in the parking lot in front of the Terme di Pejo as well as the Recharging Zone and the Team Paddock Area. RV parking spots and Teams parking spots will be available nearby the finish line. The race course will be 38 kilometers long with a 2.000 meters elevation gain divided among four special stages, link segments, dirt roads and trails ( 600 meters will be mechanically lifted on the Cabinovia).
Departing from the Arrival Zone the riders will next take the mechanical lift Cabinovia to the summit station and then transfer to the Malga Salina situated at a 2060 meter high peak where the start of PS 1 is positioned. The stage is 3200 meters long with a negative elevation gain of 350 meters and a positive elevation gain of 70 meters. Fast and technical segments and single tracks into the woods.
PS2 will be the most complete and challenging special stage of all the race. After a spectacular transfer segment passing close by two consecutive falls and tough climbs the riders will reach the start of PS 2. PS2 is 4 kilometers long with negative elevation gain of 450 meters and a positive elevation gain of 90 meters. At the end of the special stage, a short asphalt transfer segment will bring back the riders to the arrival/ departure zone for a battery recharge at the recharge station and a Time check (CO).
A very flow characterized special stage with enduro style course tapings and footbridges to cross on the Rio Tavièla river. Total length is 2.000 meters with a negative elevation gain of 200 meters and a positive one of 40 meters.
The final special stage number four is called Fontanino Down because the famous Pejo mineral water source is located nearby. Total length is 1900 meters with a negative elevation gain of 170 meters and a positive of 30 meters. At the end of the stage, a pushing segment of 25 meters to reach the Barba di Fior Fort followed by a descent to the Pejo Fonti point.